Friday, September 18, 2009

Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking is a tool that I am super excited about! I think as a teacher, a site like Diigo or del.icio.us can be used as wonderful tools for researching or for specific subjects and help with homework or projects. I think as an elementary or high school student, having your teacher give you access to this wealth of information online is really quite generous. There are so many websites that could improve students' learning and development in the classroom. A few ideas that immediately popped into my head were have a section of social bookmarking for your students with a list of websites about proper citation, or how to evaluate a website, or even tips for studying for specific subjects. Students have the opportunity to find these tools online on their own, but they may not take advantage of that opportunity or simply have the technological knowledge to do so. I think it would be a great tool to give students an easy way to improve their learning experience.
As a college student currently, and an aspiring teacher, I am so excited to be able to save the wealth of information that I find online. I often find these wonderful websites and never have a chance to return to them because I didn't write it down or add it to my favorites. This is a great, organized way of collecting my thoughts and have it available all in one spot!
Overall, it is a wonderful way to organize great resources, share your resources and take advantage of other user's collections, as well as use it in your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment