Sunday, December 6, 2009

Technology In My Classroom

I have learned that technology is a tool that can truly enhance and benefit the educational classroom. Technology is advancing more and more each day, in the future, students could be learning their entire education through technological devices.
In this class I have used many different teaching tools that I will take with me to the field. The Smart Board is a great tool that makes a lesson more rich and full of vibrant information. Students can interact with the lesson and this will grab their attention. Smart Boards are being used more and more in elementary classrooms and I am so glad I now feel comfortable using one.
Microsoft Word programs contain so many templates and options for creating newsletters, fliers, tests, quizzes, and many other teacher necessities. I have used many of Microsoft's programs but now I have a better understanding of the details behind the millions of options available.
Incorporating computers, digital media, and various other technological tools is also important for elementary students. Technology can only enhance assignments and engage students. I know I would be excited to use a digital camera for a school assignment.
Overall technology needs to be recognized as a necessity in the classroom. Students will benefit from many programs and tools available in the virtual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment